United Way of Southwestern Oregon seeks a part-time contracted Project Manager for our Community Website, South Coast Oregon Connects. This free, inclusive, comprehensive, accessible, and sustainable community-owned website includes local social service resources, volunteer opportunities, community events and news stories, local project highlights, and links to local resources.
Interested candidates: Please click here for the application instructions and requirements. This posting will remain open until December 18, 2020.
Position: Project Manager, South Coast Oregon Connects (Contract, Part-Time Position)
Reports to: Executive Director
Summary: The goal of South Coast Oregon Connects (SCOC) is to engage residents, nonprofits, and/or businesses to promote community awareness, connectedness, and community building opportunities. SCOC aims to provide a live, user-driven portal for information and resources, attracting diverse community members to exchange information, connect with their community, and create opportunities to increase community vitality. A significant portion of this position’s duties center on outreach, engagement, and training for community partners and the larger Coos County community.
- Convene regular South Coast Connects core team meetings
- Utilize established content development and moderation/administration plans, policies, and procedures, including regular outreach to community partners to ensure information is kept up to date
- Recruit, engage with, and delegate tasks to, existing and new volunteer Core Team participants
- Create and distribute outreach and engagement materials (Facebook posts, webinars, emails/MailChimp newsletters, etc.)
- Coordinate with community partners, e.g. 211info
- Create communication/outreach plan for website, to include:
- Community partner audience:
- Education about availability of website and content provided
- Training on how to add, update content (in a ‘train the trainer’ mode)
- Support for content development and maintenance
- Development of marketing materials (print, social media, etc) for website promotion
- General community audience:
- Focus groups, presentations at community meetings, and other outreach activities around Coos County to inform the general public about available resources and content and gather input on potential enhancements
- CWP Hub Team, CWP Network audience:
- Maintain regular communication with CWP Hub team
- Participate in CWP Network sessions, Network peer support, and training opportunities
- Convene quarterly check-ins to present 30-60-90 day action plans
- Community partner audience:
- Create evaluation plan, to include:
- Monthly tracking of Google Analytics data using CWP provided form
- Development of dashboard reports on usage, website feedback, etc.
- Training and support for reports to stakeholders and others as needed
- Identify opportunities for ongoing funding
Job Type: Contract, part-time, 10 hrs/week January-March 2021 and 5 hrs/week April-June 2021.
- Strong organizational, time management, interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative and positive attitude
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment
- Experience with public speaking, social media management
- Proficiency with Google Drive functionality and the Microsoft Office Suite of applications
United Way of Southwestern Oregon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take the broadest possible view of diversity. We value the visible and invisible qualities that make a person who they are. We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in our Coos and Curry County communities. We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems. We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work. We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities. Join us in embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion for every person in every community.