United Way of Southwestern Oregon seeks an Office Manager to support our community-driven programs in Coos and Curry Counties. If you are interested in being part of our exciting and meaningful work, please submit a cover letter indicating why you are interested in employment with United Way of Southwestern Oregon, along with a resume listing all relevant experience, to email@example.com. This posting will remain open until filled.
Position: Office Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Summary: United Way of Southwestern Oregon fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every resident of Coos and Curry Counties. Our mission is to increase the organized capacity of people in Southwestern Oregon to care for one another.
The Office Manager provides day-to-day support for the Executive Director, Every Child Program Directors, and Board of Directors of United Way of Southwestern Oregon. The Office Manager efficiently carries out clerical assignments, office management, program support, and other activities that facilitate the successful operation of United Way of Southwestern Oregon. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent organizational and customer service skills, flexibility, initiative, and a passion for United Way’s vision to LIVE UNITED.
- Operations support
- Serve as the first point of contact for public access to United Way of Southwestern Oregon.
- Answer main phone line, direct calls as needed.
- Develop organizational correspondence.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain office supplies inventory and handle any office equipment service issues.
- Assist with daily bookkeeping tasks: bill entry, check preparation, invoice preparation; payroll processing, federal and state tax payment processing, annual tax filing preparation; bank deposits, agency-designated revenue tracking and distribution.
- Track pledges to revenue, event revenue to expenses, and grant expenditures.
- Provide regular reports to fiscal sponsorship program leads.
- Prepare donor tax receipts.
- Develop office forms as needed; train staff/volunteers on forms.
- Develop operational policies and procedures as needed.
- Supervise office volunteers.
- Program support
- Provide staff support for United Way of Southwestern Oregon programs including Day of Caring, Coats & Shoes for Kids, annual grantmaking, fundraisers, and other events as needed. Assist with event logistics including coordinating committee meetings, creating press releases, identifying sponsorships, leading volunteer recruitment/training, and tracking event data. Produce program flyers; promote programs on social media, website and to the general public.
- Maintain volunteer roster and track volunteer hours.
- Assist with annual campaign and fundraising marketing material preparation.
- Draft quarterly newsletter for public distribution.
- Update website regularly with news stories, event photos, and other program information.
- General support
- Support grant and contract reporting and management as needed.
- Submit United Way Worldwide reports as requested.
- Prepare and distribute materials for Board packets, attend Board meetings, follow up on Board discussions and actions as needed.
- Other administrative duties needed to fulfill United Way of Southwestern Oregon’s mission and 2020-22 strategic plan.
Job Type: 32 hrs/week (typically Monday-Friday 9:30am-4pm, with occasional evenings and weekends), occasional travel to Curry County (mileage reimbursed per IRS guidelines)
Salary: $18.00-20.00/hr DOE
Benefits: Employee-only health insurance benefits through Regence Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Vacation accrual, sick leave accrual and other allowable leave per Employee Handbook.
Working Environment: Office and community settings.
Physical Activities: The employee may be required to lift up to 25lbs.
- High school diploma and minimum 2 years of administrative experience. Nonprofit experience preferred.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of applications.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks, WordPress, and social media channels preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, strong interpersonal and customer relation skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative, positive attitude, ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment.
- Desire to create solutions for limited- and moderate-income communities in our region.
- Experience with public speaking, event management, and social media management.
United Way of Southwestern Oregon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take the broadest possible view of diversity. We value the visible and invisible qualities that make a person who they are. We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in our Coos and Curry County communities. We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems. We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work. We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities. Join us in embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion for every person in every community.