Thank you for your interest in United Way of Southwestern Oregon’s grantmaking program. Our 2020 application cycle is now closed. Applicants will be notified of their status beginning January 16, 2020. More information on our grantmaking program can be found below. Please contact Lani at (541) 267-5202 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Who is eligible?
Registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations operating in Coos and/or Curry County whose work aligns with United Way’s impact areas of Health, Education, and/or Financial Stability
– Grants are awarded for a period of one year; allocations are distributed monthly
– For 2020 awards, the minimum grant request is $500 and the maximum amount awarded will be $5,000
– Grant funding may be used for operational, administrative, staffing, and supply expenses to support the program for which funding is being requested
– Organizations who receive awards are required to submit interim six-month progress reports and a year-end report on program/project outcomes
– Grant awards are subject to funding availability
Grant application timeline:
– December 1 – January 15: Grant applications open
– January 16 – January 24: Application reviews
– January 27 – February 12: Site visits
– February 19: Funding recommendations presented to Board of Directors
– Week of February 28: Grant award announcements and first distribution of awarded grant allocations
Volunteers from our local community participate in the grant allocation process. This short-term committee meets between December-February to review applications, conduct site visits with applicants, and provide recommendations to the Board of Directors. Contact us to get involved!
Give where you live!
Visit our Donation Page to set up your one-time or recurring contribution to help support our Community Impact Grantmaking Program, our Day of Caring, and other United Way of Southwestern Oregon projects.