Thank you for your interest in United Way of Southwestern Oregon’s grantmaking program. Donations to United Way of Southwestern Oregon help to support our annual Community Impact Grant fund, which provides grant awards to eligible agencies. Our 2021 application cycle is now open! Please see below for eligibility and funding guidelines, and feel free to Contact Us if you have questions.
This year we are pleased to present three funding opportunities:
- 2021 Annual Award: $45,000 is available to support annual awards (minimum $500, maximum $5,000) for 501(c)(3) organizations working in the areas of health, education, and financial stability
- 2021 Community Connection Award: $5,000 is available to support a one-time award, up to $5,000, for a 501(c)(3) organization working to address social isolation and loneliness on the south coast (collaborative opportunities encouraged)
- 2021 Community Partner Award: $5,000 is available to support awards up to $1,000 for organizations addressing the health, education, and financial stability of Curry and Coos County residents (minimum $500, 501(c)(3) status not required)
- Grants are awarded for a period of one year.
- Grant funding may be used for operational or administrative costs including staffing, and/or expenses to support a specific program/project.
- While we strongly encourage one application per organization, organizations applying for multiple categories of awards will be considered. If this applies to you, please submit separate applications for each award category.
Grant application and award timeline:
- July 1-31: Grant application process open
- August 1-13: Initial reviews by Grant Allocation Committee
- August 14-September 3: Virtual site visits by Grant Allocation Committee
- September 15: Funding decisions by Board of Directors
- September 16-24: Applicants notified, checks distributed to awardees
- March 2022: Interim six-month progress report due
- August 2022: Year-end report due on program/project outcomes
To apply for one of our 2021 grantmaking programs, please visit our new grant application system and click the button to “create a new account” for your organization. Once you have created an account, you will see an “Apply” button at the top of the screen. Clicking “Apply” will take you to the application. A preview of the question list can be found here.
Volunteers from our local community participate in the grant allocation process. This short-term committee will meet in August and September to review applications, conduct site visits with applicants, and provide recommendations to the Board of Directors. This is an engaging, informative way to get involved with United Way and learn more about social service agencies in our community. Contact Us to learn more about our Grant Allocation Committee!
Give where you live!
Visit our Donation Page to set up your one-time or recurring contribution to help support our Community Impact Grantmaking Program, our Day of Caring, and other United Way of Southwestern Oregon projects.
Prior Grant Awardees